How much rent can I get for my house?
There is no true "rule of thumb" to give you an accurate answer to your question because there are too many variables. The price is dependent on size, location, updates and more.
The best way to get the answer to "How much rent can I get for my property?" is to talk with one of our staff. There is no cost or obligation to you. Please contact us today at email@example.com or (913) 469-6633. We look forward to talking to you!
What can I do to make my house lease faster?
Renters are different from buyers in that they care more about the appearance of your home rather than things like how old the roof is. Here are the top things you can do to wow a prospective renter and make your house lease faster:
- Your house needs to be clean. This is huge!
- Walls should appear to be freshly painted.
- Floors should be in good condition.
- Finish all repairs that have been on your "to do" list.
How long does it take to get my house leased?
There is more demand than ever for rental houses! Vacant homes are not good for the house, your cash flow or our reputation so we want to get it rented to a qualified tenant as quickly as possible. The most important factors that will determine how fast your house leases are cosmetics and cleanliness.
Getting your house listed
We try to make this process easy on you! Once you have decided to hire us, we will meet virtually or in person to start on the details of your home. After that meeting, it usually takes us a couple of days to have your house professionally listed across all of our marketing channels. (Keep in mind that we take pictures of your house and create a professional listing across multiple web sites during this process.)
Leasing your house
We receive and respond to hundreds of new prospective renter calls, emails and referrals each month. We always have a strong pool of interested prospective renters looking for a place to call home. Your house will be listed across multiple rental web sites. Also, prospective renters can register on our web site for the Subscribe to Listings service that emails them whenever when your new listing becomes available!
How will Home Rental Services market my house?To get your home leased in the shortest period of time to the best possible renter, you need the best exposure. Our web site, additional industry specific web sites, professional yard signs, printed advertising and corporate marketing catapult your property into the spotlight. Additionally, our continual contact with many of the large corporations in Kansas City, as well as thousands of real estate agents, gives us access to a powerful pool of prospective renters.
What assurance do I have that the renters are qualified?
We perform an extensive series of checks to qualify every prospective renter:
- Secure a national credit report on each adult resident.
- Obtain a criminal, sex offender, terrorist and background report on each adult resident.
- We gather rental history when applicable, and do an eviction search.
- Verify their income and employment.
Are you the cheapest company in town?
There are companies that charge more than we do and there are companies that charge less than we do. There are also many pieces to the pricing structure of almost all the leasing and property management companies.
For example, one company may charge you for advertising your home, but have a lower leasing commission. Another company might charge a lower management fee, but not offer the same level of services that another company offers. The old saying of "you get what you pay for" usually holds true in property leasing and management. Other "companies" that say they do property management are actually an individual with a web site. Be sure to hire a company that has dedicated staff for marketing, leasing, coordination of maintenance and monthly accounting.
- Get your property leased as quickly as possible.
- For the highest rent possible.
- To the best tenant possible.
If your house will lease for $1,600 per month, you're losing about $400 every week that it's vacant. So you want look at more than the price of services you want to know all the services that are offered to make those 3 key pieces happen.
We feel that we offer the most comprehensive service package in our industry while being very competitive with our rates.
Why should I choose Home Rental Services?
We work with investors that own multiple properties. We also work with owners that don't have a lot of experience having a home leased and managed on their behalf.
Here are some of the reasons why we're the largest and most award winning residential property management company in Kansas City:
- We have been in business since 1989.
- We efficiently and successfully manage over $200 million in real estate investments for our clients.
- Our phones are answered by a real person 6 days a week.
- You will be assigned one of our professional property managers.
- Our leasing agents show properties 7 days a week.
- The majority of our business is conducted using web based tools, including electronic agreements, direct deposits, monthly statements and more.
- We collect and process over $7 million in rents for our clients each year.
- We are able to show the home while you still live there. Vacant homes are not good for your cash flow, your property or our reputation so we want to find you a qualified renter as quickly as possible.
- We have a large professional network in the Kansas City area to locate qualified renters.
- We do not sell homes or do commercial leasing. Our full attention is dedicated to leasing and maintaining your residential property.
- We are licensed and active members in the national and local board of Realtors and in the National Association of Residential Property Managers (NARPM). These organizations ensure ethical business practices and provide ongoing education for professional property management companies.
- Your home will be professionally advertised on popular rental web sites including Zillow, Trulia, Hot Pads and more.
Do you provide and prepare the lease contract?Absolutely! Our lease has been written and reviewed by a team of attorneys since 1989. It is written to protect you as the landlord. Expectations for both owner and renter are clear and easy to understand.
Does my house have to be vacant for you to show it? Or can my house be shown while I still live there?We are here to minimize your vacancy! We suggest we start showings about 60 days before you know the home will be available for renters to move in. The idea is we have a new renter ready to move in just as you are moving out. Of course, we’ll work around your time frame and what is most convenient/comfortable for you. Down the road, our Lease agreement likewise allows for the home to be marketed for lease and/or sale the last 60 days of the Lease. Again, to help minimize vacancy time in between renters!
How long are the leases?Typical terms of our leases are 12 months. It depends on what the renter needs and what you are agreeable to. We write many multi-year leases, but don't often see a demand for leases of 6 months or less. We always have your best interests in mind and will discuss lease dates with you on any offers.