Notice to Vacate
If you are giving notice to vacate, please review your lease for the number of days required for your notice, and to make sure your lease expires on your move-out date. If you do not give sufficient notice, or if your lease does not expire on the same date you are giving notice to vacate, your notice may be invalid.
In order to receive a refund of the security deposit and/or the pet deposit, you must have all rents and fees paid on your account and leave the property clean and damage free. If you have had a pet, you must furnish a receipt at or before the move-out inspection for having the carpet professionally cleaned, deodorized and treated for fleas and ticks.
All the utilities MUST be kept on and in renters name until the last day of the lease (gas, water and electricity).
I understand that, unless stated otherwise for my lease, the property may be marketed for sale or rent, and shown to prospective renters/buyers.
As you leave the property please take note of how the property must be left:
- All parts of the property are clean
- Kitchen & bathroom cabinets & drawers - clean inside and out.
- Kitchen appliances (stove, dishwasher, etc.) clean inside and out; range hood and filter must be clean and free of all grease; oven (including under drip pan area) must be clean. If new drip pans and/or rings were on the stove at the time you took possession, you will buy and install same, if needed by the time of the move out.
- Toilets, showers, tubs, sinks - clean, mold and mildew free, free of build-up
- Windows and screens - not broken
- Light fixtures - clean and ALL bulbs working
- Baseboards and window sills - clean
- Basement and garage clean
- Ceilings cobweb free
- All trash and debris removed from property
- All hangers removed from closets
- Exterior of property in good order, grass cut, shrubs trimmed, leaves raked; holes or worn spots in the lawn should be attended to, volunteer trees removed, gardens and flowerbeds free of weeds.
- Thermostat set (65 degrees in winter, 85 degrees in summer)
- Hot water tank turned to vacation or lowest setting
In accordance with the landlord tenant laws, the owner has up to thirty (30) days from the last day of your lease to return your security deposit.